Reports to: Control and Systems Team Lead
Job Role/ Purpose
To perform systems engineering tasks as directed as part of the Systems team on the SABRE engine.
To ensure system level outcomes are delivered to time and cost including inputs to SE gates, test and verification, requirements management and interfaces.
Requirements management, Interface management, Test, verification and validation, risk analysis, sensitivity analysis, supplier interface, system integration, build logic, inputs to SE gates and milestones
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject
- Membership of a professional body such as INCOSE or IET etc. an advantage
- Should have some formal training in Systems Engineering
- Should be familiar with the full development lifecycle
- Should have a grasp of basic thermodynamics
- Experience of leading large scale system development as a systems engineer (>£1M)
- Experience of leading a multidisciplinary team to complete a development task
- Experience of Gas Turbine Engine development an advantage
- Experience of interacting with suppliers
- Experience of system integration
- Experience of leading test campaigns
- Experience of working closely with Project Managers
Skills & Behaviours
- Must have strong communication skills
- Should be familiar with DOORS
- Should be familiar with versioning and workflow software such as SubVersion or EPDM
- Strong team member
- Willing to provide input to a diverse range of activities, even those that may not directly relate to SE at times
- Able to take the 'system view' of a project and interact with subject 'experts'
- Comfortable in discussions with product engineers and at director level
- Willing to travel if necessary
- Demonstrate behaviours consistent with Reaction Engines core values:
Please quote Job Ref 135/2017 when applying. Applications will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and BPSS screening.