Customer: NHS SC
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract Until 30th September 2018
Closing Date for Applications: 10th January 2018
For the role of Buyer you will be responsible for ensuring that you develop and manage a number of Framework Agreements within the Capital Solutions Equipment Portfolio. To include category management and contract management.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* Undertake market analysis to understand size, technical and clinical trends, supplier base, market share etc to inform category management planning.
* Develop detailed understanding of clinical practices which drive product usage or influence the market.
* Management of framework agreement(s) and delivery of associated business targets - sales, income and savings.
* To support contract and supplier performance on contracts in line with customer needs aimed at improved delivery and customer satisfaction.
* Contribute to the delivery of savings in line with and that exceeding the corresponding work-plan that underpin the savings target.
* Support in tendering / extending framework agreements in line with OJEU procurement law and internal processes with involvement with key stakeholders - legal and Contracting team - to deliver successful framework agreements.
* Interacting with Customers in regards to product / service complaints and investigating issues where appropriate.
* Supporting Marketing in regards to Contract launches , market research and special offers.
* To ensure consistent applications of Standard Operating Practices and Processes.
* To support / manage commitment deals and special offers in line with agreed internal procedures
* Work closely with other Assistant Buyers/Buyers to ensure consistency and best practice.
* Be an active member of the Procurement team, supporting teamwork and joint learning and development initiatives.
* Support the 'Mini Comp' process.
* Contribute to formulation, review and implementation of policies and procedures.
* Assist in maintaining own and others' Health, Safety and Security.
* Promote and behave in a way consistent with the Organisation's Vision and Values
* Develop own knowledge and skills and provide information to others to help their development e.g category or market area
* Promote and support people's equality, diversity and rights
* Other duties within the general scope of the post and appropriate to the grading as may be required from time to time.
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Strong interpersonal skills to build strong relations with key stakeholders
* Good understanding of procurement practices and procedures
* I.T. literate and capable of proficiency in MS Office applications, especially MS Excel (to intermediate level, including V Look-ups, data sorting and pivot tables).
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to approach negative stakeholders in a positive manner
* Result-oriented, problem solving, decision and execution focused
* Self motivated
* Strong time management and organisational skills
* Attention to detail
* Team player
* Understanding of Compliance obligations
* Encourages openness and challenge to the status quo. Treats others with respect, develops trust and values diversity.
* Demonstrates sensitivity to diversity i.e. culture, gender, age, religion, race, disability
* Builds and maintains effective relationships with customers, suppliers and other departments.
* Collaborates internally to provide customer service
* Seeks opportunities to improve existing routines or processes.
* Plans and carries change through to completion
* Objectively assesses and reviews own skills and competencies.
* Takes ownership of personal development and is proactive in seeking out opportunities for improvement.
* The individual is focused on identifying and understanding each customer's needs.
* He/she expresses and acts on the desire to assist customers in an efficient and friendly manner.
* Ability to support and develop communicates strategies and goals that achieve competitive advantage.
* He/she demonstrates a clear understanding of the organisation's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
* Is confident in communication with a diverse range of stakeholders via email, telephone an face to face.
* Is comfortable to present to customers and suppliers in meetings/conferences
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: