Financial Reporting Accountant
JOB DESCRIPTION – FINANCIAL REPORTING ACCOUNTANT
Our client is a multi-national owner and operator of a growing fleet of product and chemical tankers, headquartered in the UK. The company runs a fleet of tankers focusing on the clean petroleum products trade in West Africa, as well as a number of tankers trading in the international markets. We provide our clients with secure, efficient, cost-effective and flexible transportation of refined petroleum products and vegetable oils.
Due to rapid expansion, we are seeking a bright and spirited Financial Reporting Accountant from a top 10 practice, who has the capacity to grow with the company.
Financial Reporting Accountant
This role will be reporting directly into the Group Financial Controller.
The Financial Reporting Accountant is a newly created role providing an exceptional opportunity for a driven individual to play an integral part of the Finance team of a dynamic, fast-paced and rapidly growing group.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Preparing financial models for new projects and investments to assist the CFO & CEO in making strategic decisions;
- Assist the Group Financial Controller in performing financial due diligence on new investments And Ad hoc projects and other tasks as advised by the Group Financial Controller.
- Monitoring our derivatives exposure (FFAs, options, FX contracts and interest rate swaps) and assisting the CFO in hedging our open positions;
- Documenting group financial risks and controls and updating our risk register;
- Documenting processes and controls for new sub-divisions;
- Monitoring shipping market financial data.
- Responsible for the group consolidation of approx. 100 legal entities, including authorising and processing consolidation journals;
- Preparing a quarterly board reporting pack and monthly management accounts for key business groups, including commentary on performance and KPIs for senior management review;
- Preparation and monitoring of cash flow forecasts and budgets, including providing analysis and explanations for unexpected variances;
- Preparation of annual group financial statements reporting under IFRS;
- Reviewing loan agreements and monitoring financial covenants to ensure compliance;
- Preparation of accounting memoranda for complex transactions, including the accounting
- implications under IFRS; and Dealing with external auditors, ensuring that documentation and information is provided in a timely manner.
- Newly qualified or up to 2 years post qualified ACA or equivalent;
- Strong technical accounting skills including knowledge of reporting under IFRS;
- Demonstrates willingness to take ownership and accountability;
- Strong interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication;
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail;
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach to finding solutions;
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines;
- Good organisation skills, systematic and process driven;
- Advanced Excel and data analytics skills; and
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office applications including, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Shipping background preferred but not essential
Reports to – Group Financial Controller
- Annual Discretionary Bonus
- Company Pension: UML will match the employee contribution at 3%
- Private Healthcare Insurance
- Annual Season Ticket Loan
- Employee Assistance Program: External counselling & advice for personal well-being including 1 on 1 sessions, a helpline and online support
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959920000