Lead Business Architect
Job title: Lead Business Architect
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000 + Excellent Benefits
I have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced Lead Business Architect for my key client based in Coventry. My client is a household name and a specialist within the financial services sector with an excellent reputation as employer of choice within the local area. Due to a number of high profile new projects and programmes and a substantial investment back into the business they are now looking to expand their business architecture team and recruit a Lead Business Architect.
The successful candidate will take a lead role in analysing the activities of the business and make recommendations pertaining to the projects that the business should perform, in addition to relevant and timely corrections to the governance structure, business processes, and the structure of business information. You will help to illustrate the alignment (or lack thereof) between strategic goals and key business decisions regarding products and services; partners and suppliers; organisation; capabilities; and key business and IT initiatives. Ensuring that the target alignment and operating model continue to deliver a mutually beneficial customer experience.
The primary focus includes the analysis of business motivations and business operations, through the use of business architecture frameworks and related networks that link these aspects of the enterprise together. Developing an integrated view of the business, in the context of the enterprise, using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques.
Working with Senior Management (COO level) to determine and implement the TOM and equally to look at supporting systems to ensure data driven approach to delivery, accountability and corporate performance reporting.
- Understanding the vision for the business and distilling the capabilities required to deliver it, optimising and integrating the business design across complex projects, evaluating options, articulating impacts and making recommendations to shape transformation activity.
- Working with all change teams to deliver feasibility and impact assessments, ensuring appropriate baselines of scope and the definition and governance of business outcomes during the project lifecycle.
- Building the Business Architecture repository to increase our understanding of the impacts and consequences of change improving the agility of, and reducing unforeseen impact of, future change.
- Applying good practice methodologies and tools to facilitate Current State and Target Operating Model definition and devising transition states and business designs required at each stage, in order to demonstrate the alignment of change to the delivery of the vision, business plan, business model, risk appetite, values, balanced scorecard and departmental roadmaps.
- To support the business ability to demonstrate well managed decisions regarding change, increasing the transparency of the consequences of any amendments to scope or solutions, working with teams such as Risk to ensure stakeholders have the appropriate information for decision making at key change governance bodies such as Enterprise Design Authority or SteerCos.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of working within a similar Business Architect position
- Recognized Business Architecture experience and knowledge of frameworks such as TOGAF or Zachman
- Extensive business change and/or transformation experience
- Experience of delivering architecture platforms and foundations at other large scale organisations, ideally across different products and process operations
- A track record of organisational design or senior business architecture
- A broad enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, process and capabilities, enabling technologies and governance
- The ability to recognise structural issues within the organisation
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
- Experience of managing stakeholders at all levels
For more information and to be considered for this role please email a copy of your CV to ***************************** in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959925591