Complaint Handler - Insurance
We have an exciting opportunity for Complaints Handler to join our Complaints team dedicated to our insurance business and based in our office in Haywards Heath
The role will be to handle all complaints received, ensuring that customers get a fair and independent review of any concerns raised in a timely manner.
- To respond to all complaints received by our customers and representatives, meeting our obligations as a company and our governing regulations.
- To adhere to all company protocols and procedures
- To adhere to FCA rules and regulations.
- To carryout full thorough and fair investigations of all complaints received.
- Manage own workloads in a smart and effective way.
- Highlight any customer experience or TCF issues whilst carrying out investigations with a view to preventing future complaints.
- To keep accurate and detailed records of all complaints, following correct company procedure.
- To keep up to date with all internal knowledge and processes followed within our operations teams, to ensure you are up to date with all the latest FCA regulations.
- Escalate training and competency issues to the Complaints Manager and relevant Team Leaders.
- To ensure that all effort is made to discuss the complaint and the subsequent outcome with the complainant.
- To carry out any other ad hoc duties consistent with the position that may be required.
Knowledge, skills & experience required:
- Knowledge and understanding of travel claims/products and or assistance experience ( Essential).
- An understanding of Motor and Home insurance products (desirable).
- An understanding of Personal accident products and industry ( desirable).
- Knowledge and understanding of complaint handling and insurance regulation, FCA guidelines (Essential).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills ( Essential).
- Excellent customer service skills ( Essential).
- Knowledge of the London Market and experience of working with Lloyds Syndicates and brokers ( desirable).
- Good standard of education
- Strong level of numeracy
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Able to deliver results and to work under pressure, is organised and prioritises workload
- Excellent communicator - good command of English
- Collaborative - can work as part of a team
- Analytical and able to make a decision based on information provided
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references and criminal records checks (DBS).