Hudson are recruiting for a SQL DBA with their global client based in Glasgow. The successful candidate will Support all aspects of my client's SQL estate - all versions of SQL Server up to and including 2016. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join an experienced team that will have a lot of exposure to current and greenfield projects.
- Support of all aspects of organisation's SQL estate in European Data Centre; all versions of SQL Server up to and including 2016.
- Technical expertise for SQL related design, performance, security and configuration issues.
- Maintaining, monitoring and supporting complex database solutions.
- Troubleshooting, performance tuning and problem resolution of SQL Server.
- Backup and restore strategies across a number of SQL Server versions, whilst also monitoring, managing and testing backup and restore jobs and tasks.
- Working with different business units to deliver projects and perform normal BAU activities.
- Experience in an Infrastructure DBA role.
- Knowledge of SQL Server and its tools, administering from simple to complex environments.
- Experience of installing and configuring SQL Server to defined standards.
- Knowledge of database tuning, memory usage, data access and manipulation and physical storage.
- T-SQL, including writing complex stored procedures, tables, views and triggers.
- Exposure to SQL High Availability solutions, clustering, mirroring, log shipping and replication.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959925289