First Line Maintenance Engineer
The successful candidate will be required to work on project deployments for customers across the UK. Part of this role will include working on a weekly shift rota, including 24/7 on call.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Fault finding and resolution.
- Optical technologies, including installation, commissioning, testing and integration.
- Mobile technologies covering 2G, 3G, 4G and LTE.
- Telecoms deployment in a sub-station environment.
- Completion of site risk assessments, site visit reports and technical documentation.
- Providing 1st line support.
- Troubleshooting of customer equipment, including transmission, mobile networks, datacomms, switching, PSTN/ADSL.
- Testing and troubleshooting of CAT5 structured cabling and fibre optic cabling.
- Assisting with the pre-configuration and installation of telecoms equipment in accordance with design documentation.
- H&S guidelines and requirements when working in a range of environments including but not limited to switch rooms, rooftops, street works and sub stations.
- Fibre optic experience is essential for the role.
- A sound technical knowledge of multiple technologies and products.
- Good working knowledge of current telecoms systems.
- High competency level in the use of power tools, hand tools and ladders.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft products, basic DOS commands and VT software.
- NPPV3 (beneficial).
What impresses us?
- Excellent communication skills via email, telephone and face to face.
- A positive approach to work.
- A conscientious and flexible attitude.
- A technically minded individual who is keen to progress.
- Enthusiastic personalities who can adapt to a fast-paced environment.
This role is a home-based position, but as a Field Engineer you would be expected to travel around the UK.
Magdalene is a total solutions provider to the telecommunication industry. Whether it is making a mobile phone call, downloading music at home, using ecommerce platforms in the office, communicating on social networks or making a restaurant reservation, it is likely the type of technology that Magdalene is working on every day is involved. Magdalene has 200 employees over 3 offices in Cambridge, Belfast and Glasgow.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959925076