Role: Technical Analyst
Duration: 3-6 Months
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery and continuous improvement of one or more messaging services providing direction to a multidisciplinary delivery team.
You will create a vision for your service based on your understanding of customer needs.
You will help your team build the right things in the right order by developing and prioritising service roadmaps and backlogs.
You will take on complex, high profile projects, which can have many complexities, multiple integrated systems and multiple stakeholders across several departments needing to be blended into the end-to-end solution.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ability to act as Product Owner to lead a multidisciplinary team to deliver the service and iteratively improve it through several delivery cycles where required
- Represent the Messaging DG at Discovery workshops and Delivery Checkpoints.
- Analyse solution design documents to agree detailed functional and technical specifications and plans.
- Identify and analyse problems, risks and issues that may affect the successful adoption of the service
- Apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to ensure that the team's plans and objectives are achieved
- Demonstrate Risk Management techniques to include risk identification, analysis of issues and the estimation of impact on both the service and project delivery.
- Develop and prioritise product backlogs; explaining a product vision that is compelling to your customers, team and stakeholders
- Develop services by contributing code, testing technologies
- Helping senior-level business stakeholders make informed decisions about which initiatives to tackle and how to tackle them, allowing them to explore technology possibilities to more effectively execute their roles
- Demonstrating creativity, innovation and ethical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of stakeholders
- Co-ordinating and overseeing the work of other team members - you will be viewed as an expert on the process and best practices for conducting requirements practices within our organization
Additionally, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Be fully responsible for meeting allocated technical and project/supervisory objectives;
- Advise on available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to specialism and make appropriate choices from alternatives
- Advise on scope and options for continuous operational improvement
- Keep knowledge and skills up-to-date and maintain an awareness of industry developments
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate practical experience in the following key disciplines:
- We are looking for candidates who have a strong technical background for instance in XML, Integrated systems, Validation and Transformation
- We are looking for candidates who also have good analysis and design experience around technical specifications.
- Knowledge of API, HTP, SQL and Jason as well as support systems like Jenkins.
- We are looking for candidates who are able to stand up, conduct a technical overview to Scrum Teams, and be confident enough to stand their own grounds. Excellent level of business understanding and business analysis skills
- Excellent requirements gathering skills
- Excellent documentation skills
- A high level of commercial awareness
- Proven capability of managing/delivering solutions on time, to budget and to a high level of quality
- Working with Agile and Lean concepts as applied at scale, holding the values of the Agile Manifesto and applying the principles behind it;
- Enterprise Architecture modelling (such as OpenText Provision); and
- A good understanding of Messaging Services and Service Oriented Architecture.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959924711