Software / Component Engineer
An Software/Component Engineer is required to work for one of the most prestige automotive OEMs in the UK. The position will be a long term contract role based in Gaydon, paying a competitive rate dependent on experience.
40 Hours per week with access to parking.
Our client is seeking a highly accomplished Software/Component Engineer to support our clients PHEV BMS team to develop & validate the functional requirements for the Battery Management System Key Performance Indicators.
- Delivery of DV and PV test results to M1DJ, FDJ and PEC gateways.
- Successful de-bug of HW & SW issues during prototype builds Key Accountability and Responsibilities.
- Writing test specifications for Battery ECU & pack testing based on component requirements.
- Developing the test method & tools (e.g. Test bed Software such as Vector CANoe or AVL Lynx).
- Conducting testing alongside the test engineers on the Battery ECU (BMS), Battery Pack and Vehicle.
- Supporting issue investigation to find root cause and propose fixes.
- Communicating with the other engineers and the Tier 1 supplier to report issues and agree changes.
- Supporting the completion of quality documentation, including boundary diagram, FMEA, quality history reviews, robustness checklist.
- Planning and delivering the DV and PV tests needed to validate the component.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time Key Interactions.
- Traction Battery BMS SME.
- Battery Lead Engineers.
- Group Leader.
- Prototype Build. Diagnostics.
- AME / Plant / VCATS Component and System engineering teams.
1)CANalyser, CANape or INCA
2)Issue investigation experience
3)Component testing experience
Thorough understanding of automotive ECU testing & tools (e.g. Test bed software such as Vector CANoe or AVL Lynx). Experience of test specification development and delivery. Automotive ECU testing (e.g. Test bed Software such as Vector CANoe or AVL Lynx). Root cause analysis techniques (e.g. Six Sigma, 5 Whys, Fishbone, 8D etc). Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred. Good written and verbal communication skills. Able to work within a small team of engineers. Strong relationship building capabilities.
Requirements & test case development and management (e.g. IBM DOORS & RTC or Ford eFDVS). Understanding of HV components, Li-ion cells or other battery technology is preferred but not essential.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959925343