Solution Architect - OTT Video
Duration- 3-6 month contract
Location- Osterley, West London
Sky is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves over 22 million customers across five countries. Our business in the UK and Ireland has come a long way since starting out as a satellite broadcaster in 1989 and we're not stopping there. We're home to award-winning teams for everything from Customer Service to Marketing, from Technology to Finance, meaning there's plenty of opportunity for you, no matter what your career goals.
The Customer Information Systems (CIS) division of Sky Technology is responsible for designing, building and operating all the IT systems that Sky uses to interact with its customers. This includes over the web, via applications on set top boxes and games consoles and other streaming media devices, and via mobile applications. CIS also develops systems and applications in support of Sky's customer management platform and its customer contact centres.
Your key responsibilities
- You will be accountable for the definition of solution designs which balance the needs of the business with the evolution of the technical landscape
- The main focus of your solutions architecture work will be in support of the OTT IPTV platform application components and the integration of those components with the other CIS Platform components and Sky Technology capabilities providing services to Sky's OTT IPTV product offerings (such as Sky Go, NowTV, Sky Sports Mobile TV, etc.).
- You will work with CIS OTT Software Engineering Head of Software Architecture in articulating and evangelising the overall mission & vision of the department. You will support delivery teams with aligning to department technical strategy and technical governance processes
- Hands on, demonstrable, experience of defining solutions architectures that deliver all platform aspects of an OTT IPTV product offering.
- Hands on, demonstrable experience of defining and delivering architectural solutions that support very high numbers of peak concurrent users, that are highly available, and highly resilient in the face of dependent component failures
- Demonstrable track record in a software and systems design and/or architectural capacity working in the Media industry delivering OTT IPTV services.
- Demonstrable track record in software engineering working within a software delivery team
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959925041