Senior CVM Finance Analyst
Senior CVM Finance Analyst
Aviva provides around 31 million customers worldwide with insurance, savings and investment products. We are the UK’s largest insurer and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance. We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand.
We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
The team is responsible for delivering trading reporting for group and individual pensions. To include pensions insight and expertise in the movement of Workplace Benefits financial metrics.
Workplace Benefits have recently agreed to move away from insurance metrics and to use cash and value based metrics to successfully operate the business. The role is has recently undergone a transformation to introduce new processes and frameworks to successfully report the performance of the business and drive value and support decision making.
The pensions industry is currently experiencing a number of changes and it is of critical importance we are able to reflect the impact on the P&L and looking forward.
The role of the Senior Finance Analyst is to:
- Provide financial expertise to the Distribution management team driving commercial and service excellence through the development, implementation and use of financial and operational management information.
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of a dynamic reporting suite which is transparent, easy to understand and accessible. The suite is to include; revenue, AUA, P&
- Develop and deliver a trading performance suite which reports which reports against a number of financial metrics whilst providing market and regulation insight; Cash, PVNBP, contributions, ANNR, VNB, NPV, membership
- You will be required to work closely with the Commercial Solutions team to ensure the correct data is available to the team to ensure robust, quality and timely outputs.
- Drive value in line with company strategy.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships within the team and with key stakeholders within the business. Proactively support the team with adhoc requests and ensure there is no point of dependency within the role
- Successful track record of delivering small projects
- Systematic approach to problem solving with strong analysis skills and experience
- Experience within the Financial Services Market (medium pensions knowledge)
- Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to create vision and influence others across all areas of the business
- Ability to analyse and interpret data into useful management information
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Motivated, enthusiast with a proactive attitude, and a good team player
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Medium understanding of group pensions
- Experience gained within Financial Services or similar (Life Assurance experience is highly desirable though not essential)
- Qualified accountant with post qualified experience
- Experience within the Financial Services in a client concentric environment
- Utilizing technology as an enabler to introduce efficiencies and automation
- Experience in finance and value management
We offer a competitive salary and fantastic benefits, including excellent pension and bonus potential, as well as generous annual leave.
We’re here to free people from the fear of uncertainty. Our insurance, savings and investment products help some 31 million customers enjoy life today, knowing that tomorrow is covered. And we definitely know how to look after our own people. If you love doing a great job to improve things for customers, you’ll be at home here. Help us build a future to be proud of and get ready to fulfil your potential with Aviva.
‘Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty’
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959925371