Valuation Surveyor - Affordable Housing
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Valuation Surveyor to join our offices at Bath Row in Birmingham City Centre.
Title: Valuation Surveyor
Job ref: 2651A
Location: Bath Row, Birmingham
Salary: £31,553 rising to £33,214 per annum after successful completion of probation period
Hours: 35 Hours per Week
Contract Type: Permanent
Our Asset Management team require a Valuation Surveyor to assist the Investment Manager in monitoring financial compliance in a wide range of both capital renewal and repairs contracts currently being administered. The role will also provide support to the Commercial and Investment team in all aspects of cost control, trend analysis so this really is a pivotal role.
We are looking for you if you:
- Have experience of financial controls required within project management and an in depth knowledge of contract management and administration processes.
- Have experience of cost and budget control on construction contracts, contract administration including knowledge of contract types and approving variations within each contract type.
- Have a quantity surveyor or social housing project management background or experience (desirable)
- Are a team player who drives to establish strong relationships
- Driver with access to a car. (desirable)
If you feel like you have the skills and experience to carry out this role, and have a head for figures and an eye for detail, this could be the next step for you.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary which is regularly reviewed and benchmarked with the market
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays rising to 30 days after qualifying period
- Company pension
- Childcare vouchers
- Shopping & leisure discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular tailored training & personal development plans
- Essential car user allowance
- Free Disclosure and Barring Service check
Closing Date: 5th February 2017
Interviews will be held on 10th February in Birmingham City Centre.
Further breakdown of the role, experience and qualification requirements please read the role profile on our website.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website where you can download the role profile and complete your application.
If you are a disabled candidate and require a hard copy pack or a different format, for example large print, more information can be found on our website.
Please do read the role profile before you begin your application. CVs will not be considered, so please complete the application form in full.
Midland Heart aspires to be a digital organisation that minimises its impact on the environment. Wherever possible, we will conduct transactions digitally rather than by paper and ask that current and future employees share this commitment. Where required, we will support colleagues to be digitally enabled.
No agencies please.