Merchandising Analyst - Premium Fashion
Reporting to: Branch Merchandiser
Operating Ratio: 90/10 Current/Future
Key Objective: Optimise KPIs relating to sales, markdown, stock, intake and profit plans
The purpose of this role is to support the branch merchandiser in the production of data and insight in order to maximise performance within the fashion division
Additionally, to support the continual development of the branch merchandising team to the benefit of the fashion division
- Generating reports to aid decision making with regards to space planning and sales densities for each store, by category and brand.
- Ownership of the matrix to manage the space counts for each store and liaising with the space planning team to update changes as required.
- Review reporting and enhance to highlight opportunities after new store openings and refits.
- Co-ordinating with category and warehouse teams to ensure new store stock builds are completed in a timely manner.
- Production of analysis during store closedown periods and recommendations for stock usage.
Focus Store Management
- In season trading - develop understanding and insight of performance with recommendations for improvement in top 10 stores.
- Intensive care stores - highlight areas for trading improvements.
- Market impacts on performance - develop reporting to understand impacts from changes in competitors or other external factors.
- Production of reporting and initial analysis of performance for a continual series of store improvement / development programmes including (but not exclusively): refits, new store concepts, re-allocation of category space and new categories. Using insight to develop proposals for trading improvement.
- Production of reporting and analysis of opportunities during key promotional and trading periods or events capturing key learnings.
- Develop reporting identifying opportunities for additional stock transfers to enhance performance.
- Exception management of stock (eg stock in the DC & not online), working with the category and e-commerce teams to maximise sell through.
- Prepare weekly overview of store performance identifying fashion priorities and proposed activity to address any concerns of opportunities under the following headings;
- Store level
- Brand level
- Full price vs markdown
- Additional requirements as required.
- Management of clearance stores reporting to produce recommendations for stock requirements to maximise sell through.
- Using SQL/data warehouse to deliver reporting requirement for the fashion merchandising team.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/79158566