Process Engineer - Simulation
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Process Engineer to join our Engineering customer in The Midlands, who specialise in stamping processes. The successful candidate will be involved in the design of vehicle structural components and associated tools for sheet aluminium stamping.
- To design complete stamping tool sets for pressing of high strength aluminium BIW components using PAM-STAMP simulation.
- To perform part feasibility studies and report back to customers. Liaise and guide customers on improvements to part feasibility
- To design high quality tool faces in support of stamping simulation in CATIA.
- To contribute towards development of simulation techniques for hot stamping of aluminium and efficient tool cooling.
- To support tool try-out and part production.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience in simulation of deep draw sheet metal stamping processes.
- Knowledge of stamping tool design including tool face design, construction and assembly.
- Ability to use CAD software for tool face design.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Strong desire to improve and learn new skills.
- Automotive aluminium body in white and chassis applications.
- Understanding of the metallurgy of aluminium and its alloys.
- Practical experience with use of PAM-STAMP and CATIA.
- Experience in hot stamping simulation.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959914088