SENIOR PORTFOLIO MANAGER
Our client is a well-established wealth manager who has been operating for over 30 years with billions under management. Currently, looking for an experienced portfolio manager with at least 10-15 years' experience in portfolio management ideally focusing within Equities and Fixed Income.
Manage the asset allocation of client portfolios in line with their risk profiles and investment mandates.
Construct the line level portfolios for directly invested portfolios
Provide support to Team Leader & Sales staff in managing existing clients and in prospecting new clients
To provide verbal and written support.
To provide factual information to clients.
To fully service the book of business
Principal Tasks and Accountabilities
Regular reviews to analyse client portfolios to ensure that asset allocation reflects clients' investment mandates and to provide an audit trail for compliance purposes.
- Ensuring trades are placed into MOXY/APX and overseeing the team's interaction with Trade Support and Dealing Desk to ensure timely execution, to include investment rationale for audit purposes.
- To monitor portfolio performance to ensure that client portfolios are meeting target returns.
- To manage the currency exposure and forward currency transactions where hedging is required.
- To ensure income generating portfolios are appropriately invested to meet their target income levels.
- Ensuring FX and Forward trades are placed into MOXY/APX and spread sheet for custodians.
- To manage cash and foreign exchange balances to ensure sufficient liquidity for regular withdrawals and fees.
- Input/monitor and review of futures transactions to include rollover and management of margin.
· To provide investment analysis where required
- Due Diligence on portfolio holdings
· Coach and mentor other members of staff, including junior members of the team
- Bespoke client reporting for larger clients.
Specific Regulatory Responsibilities
- Knowledge and adherence to internal procedures
- Knowledge and adherence to internal and external client guidelines
- An awareness of personal responsibility in relation to FSA Handbook
- Awareness of TCF rules
- Market Conduct (MAR)
- Training and Competence (T&C) - maintaining CPD for SPS and professional qualifications, ie CFA
- Money Laundering (ML)
- Complaints (DISP) and Dispute Resolution
- Conduct of Business (COB)
- Bribery Act
- PA Dealing guidelines
- Data Protection
Training and Competence Requirement:
- Regulatory requirement IMC or equivalent
- CFA charterholder or equivalent
- RDR compliant from 2013
- In House: Familiarisation with all the internal processes and controls
· Having complete knowledge of dealing and execution process
· Complete knowledge of systems
- Existing and potential clients
- Industry professionals (Administrator and Custodians)
- Trading Management, Compliance, Investment Team, Operations
Please only apply if you have releveant experience and we will only contact those candidates we consider suitable
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959924274