IT Support Apprentice
You will be working for...
A company that is a world class leader in hearing technology. They design and manufacture high technology hearing instruments, and have a first class reputation in both the Audiology and business community.
The Group consists of over 21 subsidiaries, employing more than 12000 people in countries around the world.
They intend to maintain this standard through the quality and expertise of their people, offering products and excellent customer service, through long term relationships with their suppliers and customers. They believe that the company's success and future depend on the skills and efforts of those that they employ.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious IT Apprentice, due to the company's continued growth. You will be required to ensure continuity of IT Services to all UK based employees. Administering the network hardware and software under the direction of UK IT Manager.
Adhere by and ensure that confidentiality is a given at all times.
Responsible for maintaining day to day IT throughout the business environment, building relationships with all internal and external customers, ensuring excellent customer services throughout.
Main role/ responsibilities
- Work in conjunction with the IT Manager and the IT team
- Ensure that all IT related issues are reported, recorded and resolved to the satisfaction of the UK IT Manager
- Software (Windows 7) & hardware support for all UK office locations
- Assist the UK IT Manager in the development, implementation, maintenance of in-house and Group business systems
- Perform routine health checks on systems
- Enthusiasm for IT
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Understanding/Knowledge of software and hardware
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
Traditionally 8:45am-5:15pm, however the company would offer a degree of flexibility if needed
- WPA (NHS top-up)
- Discounted gym membership
- Bike to work scheme
- Bus pass scheme
- We have a dress down Friday every week and arrange social events when appropriate
- Every year we have a summer and Christmas party
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959924770