Business Intelligence Data Analyst
Reporting to the Business Intelligence Manager this role will support the Commercial Department of this energy business with the collation, compilation, scenario analysis and reporting of all key data.
You will have detailed experience of data interpretation, manipulation, analysis and reporting, preferably in a similar business intelligence role for an energy company in the UK but other industries will be considered based on technical skill sets.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for the preparation of shareholder working group papers regarding commercial data.
- Collation and submission of accurate and timely reports covering the key commercial data; including revenues and expenditures by currency, sales volumes, stocks both in the near term and the next 10+ years in the monthly position report, Budget and Business Plans.
- Provision of support to members of the Commercial Department whose ad-hoc requests may include demand and supply calculations, contract profitability, etc.
- Identify trends and patterns in customer behaviour, on a customer by customer basis, to improve future forecasting.
- Monitor and track changes in customer demand and Group production
- Provision of commercial data and analysis therefore from the Group's ERP systems (such as optionality reporting, price reopener analysis and notifications versus Budget reporting).
- Accountable for the preparation of Shareholder Sales Documents regarding commercial data within the Group when required.
- Collation and submission of the monthly Commercial KPI report.
Ideal qualifications, skill sets and experience:
- Degree qualified in a technical or numerical subject.
- Extensive data analysis and compilation experience, ideally within an energy business.
- Business analysis experience able to deploy tools and methods to assess uncertainty and quantify risks.
- Experience of assimilating complex data and presenting recommendations based on analysis of the data.
- Highly lT literate, including advanced Excel/VBA.
- Confident, responsible and professional, experienced in senior stakeholder management.
- Understanding of the main constituents of commercial contracts.
- Experience of ERP systems (preferred SAP) desirable.
- Full clean UK driving licence and own transport required.
If you have the relevant energy background or career experience skill sets, and would like to know more about the above opportunity, then please apply now.
Due to the amount of applications we receive on a daily basis unfortunately we are only able to respond to the successfully shortlisted candidates. If you have not heard from us within 3-5 days of applying for this position, your application was not successful on this occasion. We may however be able to contact you with a more relevant position at a later date.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959924088