Desktop Support Engineer - Windows PowerShell
Desktop Support Engineer (Junior) London to £30k
Desktop Support Engineer / Junior Windows Systems Administrator (Microsoft Office PowerShell). Global financial software house with in excess of 2,000 institutional clients is seeking a bright, ambitious Desktop Support Engineer / Systems Administrator. You’ll join the team responsible for the configuration, maintenance, support and monitoring of all desktop, server, storage and virtual environments; consisting of 150 users / PCs and around 800 servers.
Responsibilities will include implementing, supporting, maintaining and monitoring Microsoft Operating Systems including builds and deployment; desktop applications; PC, laptop and peripheral hardware; remote access solutions / VPN and mobile workers; mobile device management; telephony systems; office desk moves as well as account administration of all core office systems.
Based in the City, this is a social, cooperative environment that offers excellent career prospects for an ambitious Desktop Support Engineer eager to tackle complex challenges.
- Strong desktop support experience
- StrongPowerShell scripting skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and network technologies as well as Microsoft Office
- Good hardware knowledge: PCs, laptops, printers and peripherals
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Nice to haves: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
As a Desktop Support Engineer / Junior Windows Systems Administrator you can expect to earn a competitive salary (to £35k) plus benefits.
Send your CV or call 020 7090 2575 for a confidential discussion about this Desktop Support Engineer / Junior Windows Systems Administrator opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79164828