Haig&Co are working on behalf of a with an award-winning business who have recently relocated to Birmingham, helping them find their next Accounts Assistant.
A global service-based business who are well established in their field and who are continually expanding.
Working alongside a really great team this Accounts Assistant role will be varied role covering the major aspects of sales and purchase ledger duties amongst others.
- Assisting in both sales and purchase ledger - matching, batching and coding of invoices
- Inputting onto system
- Checking and reconciliation of supplier statements
- Liaising with clients and chasing invoices
- Assisting with month end processes
- Processing client payments
- Dealing with purchase ledger and general accounts enquiries
- Assisting with some aspects of credit control
- Processes staff expenses
- Assisting with bank reconciliation and cash book
- Petty cash handling
- Any other ad hoc duties required
The ideal candidate for this Accounts Assistant opportunity should have the following:
- Previous working knowledge of sales and purchase Ledger, ideally within a service-based business
- Understanding of cash book and bank reconciliation and happy to 'muck in’ with any other areas as required
- A self-starter with a positive attitude towards working as part of a finance team
- Strong and confident written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP is advantageous
On for this Accounts Assistant role is the opportunity to join a fab team in a great business. The company is ambitious and looking to grow and will provide the perfect environment for a willing and interested individual to grow too. A competitive salary and great office environment.