Digital Recovery Manager - Canary Wharf
My Client in Canary Wharf is looking for a Digital Red Team Recovery Manager who will likely have both an operational & technical background and have an understanding of how the Digital service architecture is constructed and operates.
You will be need to thrive under pressure against tight timescales. You will need to disseminate technical information and facilitate conversations between technical teams and extract and deliver a recovery plan from these resources. You need to be confident, without being reckless. You need to be able to articulate an issue in a language understood by all. Your aim is to become respected and act in a way where you are not questioned when you are required to act authoritatively to enact a resolution to an Incident.
The Red Team Recovery Manager is responsible for providing the fastest possible restoration plan of a failing IT system during production incidents working collaboratively with the Incident Management team. You will be responsible for effective communication of the incident to both IT technical / Support teams, the business and internal senior management, including the initial notification, update of status and any escalations required. Post incident you will be responsible for ensuring that all efforts are made to understand the root cause and that the execution of the process is reviewed.
You will be expected to build a knowledge base of key criteria against each Incident to improve recovery of similar services going forward. You will also need to assist in planning and execution of major change with a focus on the reversion and control elements of that plan.
You will be a customer champion in an empowered role within the Digital Red Team to own and drive improvements to the Recovery Management function. You will be an ambassador for the Red Team Recovery Management function and identify and maintain key internal relationships and external stakeholders to continually improve the client reputation.
- End to end responsibility for the management, communication, escalation, investigation and resolution of incidents, ensuring Business / Customer updates are timely and of sufficient quality, arranging discussions and updates as required.
- Ensure that all modes of communication are effectively used throughout the incident life cycle.
- Running teleconferences or technical meetings for incidents that need focus working collaboratively with the Incident Management team
- Jointly acting with the Incident Manager as Incident escalation focal point, identifying and resolving conflict and bottlenecks.
- Creation of agreed action plans with named actions & deadlines. Accountable for the Delivery of that plan.
- Document post incident recovery steps in order to establish Root Cause, aid in Process improvements, identify deviations and to enable creation of a Knowledge Base.
- Driving, developing and managing the major incident recovery management process and associated procedures / systems.
- Leading process efficiency improvements including automation, innovation and cutting edge communication methods.
- Develop and Maintain Runbooks and skills matrix around agreed Critical Systems for use in Incident Situations
- Experience in an Incident Management Role within IT.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and report writing skills, interacts appropriately with users of various technical skill levels, remains calm and courteous while working to resolve problems.
- Ability to adapt and understand new technologies.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong technical competencies resulting from previous working experience at expert level within an IT operational or support environment.
- Strong fault finding/diagnostics/trouble-shooting skills.
- Methodical approach to problem solving and attention to detail.
- Proficient documentation skills; able to fully document operational requirements, proposed solutions, processes and data flows effectively
- Effective time management skills; with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously requiring experience with prioritizing tasks due to shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, and deadline pressures.
- ITIL Certified (Expert Level Preferable), or prepared to achieve qualification.
The role involves working on an out of hours on call rota that will include weekends and Bank Holidays
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959925488