Project Manager - Agile and Web
My Client based in Pangbourne requires a Project Manager - Agile and Web
Purpose of role:
Castrol Digital Accelerator is seeking a technical project manager who will manage the initial platform rollout of Carama in Germany and the UK.
Castrol Digital Accelerator is the innovation and business development team of Castrol, lubricants division that creates new businesses beyond its lubricant heritage. One of these businesses is Carama a hybrid solution bringing consumers to trusted convenient workshops which will become the start of an industry defining smart maintenance product for (initially cars).
The role will report to the Global Technical Product Manager of Carama and will be based in Pangbourne. Some local travel may be required.
The core Carama digital product is a two-sided marketplace where we connect small businesses (Workshops) looking for consumers with auto repair needs via a single scalable online platform. Our platform will be vertically integrated and spans the entire lifecycle from consumer acquisition to return of a serviced or repaired vehicle.
The project management role will ensure that the platform is rolled out in time for launch in the two countries. The role will involve direct contact with suppliers, partners and internal BP service providers. This is a challenging role where a technical understanding of cloud based services and experience of managing multiple technology suppliers will be necessary in order to successfully deliver on time.
Key Results/ Accountabilities expected from role
- Plan and manage deployment of performance improvements to the current live Carama service
- Plan and manage UK and German Carama cloud service platform launches
- Plan and manage development and deployment of Carama operational support
- Integrate into the project plan and manage the sales and marketing elements for the German launch (with support of the Sales and Marketing team global and local team)
Key long term challenges faced in the role
- Carama’s growth objectives are aggressive and the successful candidate should be comfortable with working to tight deadlines and to objectives that can change quickly. Due to the early stage nature of the business, it is does not have the usual predictability of Castrol’s core business, and requires a high degree of creativity and team-work to overcome these challenges and develop new bespoke solutions.
Experience & Expertise (mandatory & desired)
- PRINCE2 qualified with 5+ years project management experience
- Demonstrable experience of aligning waterfall and agile delivery methods
- Proven experience with delivery of technology-based projects.
- Experience of working with partners and successful delivery through technology suppliers
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Sound understanding of web and software application technologies
- Experience working with Development teams
- Experience working collaboratively with a Product Manager and Operations Manager
- Excellent customer facing communication skills with strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to understand how to work in both a corporate and a start-up environment as there are aspects of both – Carama is a start-up within a corporate.
- Proven experience working with 3rd parties to resolve issues – a genuine problem solver
- Working as One Team to build a platform for scale and growth
- Ability to plan at the right level at the right time in order to keep team focus on the tasks that need priority
- Experienced at extracting and understanding information from the SMEs in order to capture the right level of planning detail with dependencies
- Detail orientated, whilst displaying a strong appreciation to always deliver on time and on budget
- Proven experience working on a SaaS delivery, ideally a dual audience product
- Strong technical background and comfortable leading sprints
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959926074