General Ledger Accountant - Intercompany and Project Accounting
We are recruiting a General Ledger Accountant – Intercompany and Projects to join our team in Farnborough on a permanent basis.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance Operations for Leidos UK and Europe, this is a new role that is being created as part of an expansion of responsibilities across the Leidos UK Accounting and Controlling team.
The GL Accountant, Intercompany and Projects will have responsibility for all aspects of the Leidos UK Intercompany process, and will also be responsible for the set up and maintenance of long term projects in the Costpoint system.
The successful candidate will be a fast learner with a proactive attitude and strong attention to detail. In return the role offers a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and dynamic team, and to add real value in developing process and controls.
Duties will include:
- Subject matter expert and point of contact for project set up and intercompany process
- Working closely with the programme finance and contracts teams to ensure that Leidos UK’s project set up in the costpoint system is accurate and drives correct revenue recognition and billing
- Set up and maintain intercompany recharge contracts and supporting documentation
- Identify and resolve intercompany imbalances as part of monthly close process
- Raise and post intercompany recharges
- Develop and implement UK process and controls in compliance with Leidos Global policies and procedures for intercompany and external project set up and maintenance
- General monthend support (including balance sheet reconciliations, journal posting, analysis and review)
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience of intercompany accounting
- Previous experience of project accounting
- Experience working in a multinational or blue chip company environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Accountancy qualification – late stage studier or above (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button below.
Our company headquarters is located in Reston, Virginia. Outside of the United States, we operate in 30 countries around the world with more than 2,000 employees in global locations. Our largest concentrations are in Australia and the United Kingdom where we continue to expand our local footprint.
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959920516