Data Engineer : Big Data : Advanced Analytics : Global Oil and Gas Co
Data Engineer : Big Data : Advanced Analytics : Global Oil and Gas Co.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 7 Months Initially
Rate: c. £600 - £650 per day (negotiable)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work within the Technical and Competitive IT team within a world-leading global FTSE 100 organisation.
This role is to work within a World Leading Global Energy Oil Company who are on the search for an exceptionally talented Data Engineer to develop, deploy and sustain leading edge marketing and advanced analytics platform capabilities for this company, which (a) consolidates data from a variety of (internal and external) sources, (b) analyses that data to generate insights, and (c) propagates those insights through multiple channels such as mobile, web and e-mail.
About the Role:
The Data Engineer will work alongside the Data Science Lead and will be responsible to support the development of cutting edge algorithms using the latest big data and machine learning technology. The Data Engineer will also ingest structured, semi structured and unstructured batch and real-time data from numerous data sources into the newly yet to be designed big data platform.
You will also be working alongside the Solution Architect and the Data Architect to design the next generation big data platform to support the digital marketing platform, as well as designing and implementing a new big data solution which supports a high amount of and velocity of data to support future growth using latest big data technologies supported by innovative cloud platforms.
As well as the above, you will of course help establish best practices around data governance, data security- and privacy (GDPR).
If you are looking to use the latest development, testing and deployment techniques, this will certainly be in line within your expectations.
- 5+ years’ experience with big data platforms; working with large data sets, large amounts of data in motion and numerous big data technologies
- Bachelor or master degree in information technology, computer science, data management business administration or a related discipline
- Preferable experience with data science scenarios and machine learning frameworks (Caffe, Theano, Tensorflow, MXnet, CNTK)
- Auto software deployment technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Docker, Git)
- Experience with Cloud based platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Hadoop/Spark-based technologies (e.g. Spark, MapReduce, Hive and Pig)
- NoSQL-based technologies (e.g. Cassandra, HBASE, MongoDB)
- Awareness of Agile Framework and its tools such as Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Data pipelining-based technologies (e.g. KAFKA, StreamSets, Flume Talend, ADFv2)
- Experience with data Architecture and design techniques (local/abstract)
- Experience with data transformation/blending technology (e.g. Alteryx is preferred)
- SQL-based technologies (e.g. MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Source Code Control (e.g. Git, Subversion)
- Open Source Frameworks (Apache Spark, Hadoop etc.)
- Agile Project Delivery techniques (e.g. SCRUM)
- Knowledge in Machine Vision will be advantageous
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79158341