Regional Sales Manager- N/West (1 year mat cover) - Deals website - £42k + £12k OTE - Manchester
What does the company do?
Established in 2011 our client is now the second largest daily deal site in the UK. Their site uses the power of group buying to get unbeatable deals on the best stuff to do, see, visit, eat and buy in a variety of cities in the UK. They target young, affluent male and females who can’t resist the temptation of their WOW factor deals, and focus their marketing spend on adding to our large database. Their head office can be found in Islington, London, however they have a number of fun and fabulous teams dotted around the UK, including Manchester, where this role is based.
They are looking for maternity cover for this role, for up to a year, from May 2017
Key responsibilities of the role;
The North West team is responsible for generating all local revenues across Manchester and Liverpool. The team currently consists of 15 sales representatives, split into the following sectors; Beauty, Activities, Food and Beverage. The team is a mix of field sales consultants and office based consultants and work on either account management or new business acquisition.
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for all revenue generated by the North West team, and for the North West team members themselves.
You will be the driving force behind deal planning, structure, quality, performance, variety, seasonality and overall deal effectiveness. You will creatively develop and implement strategies to increase revenue delivery and exceed targets set by the Executive. You will take responsibility for agreeing and setting monthly KPIs for all team members, as well as running local initiatives to drive activity. You will maintain a real-time inputs dashboard ensuring revenue targets are in line with budgeted revenues.
You will monitor and coach the North West Team on an on-going basis, reporting on performance to senior Directors within the business. You will be responsible for the team hiring process and the performance management / career progression of all those in your team.
- You will be responsible for the overall revenue delivery of your team
- This will require you to improve and streamline business as usual process and to think of different and better ways of working
- You will work with senior executives to develop strategic and commercial initiatives that move the business forward
- You will developing on-going strategies to continually improve performance within your team
- You will manage and measure productivity across team and take corrective action if necessary
Leading the Team:
- You will take ownership of the recruitment process for the North West Team including the interview, initial assessment and on-boarding of new starters
- You will develop and orchestrate the on-going training process within the team, providing training, monitoring performance and delivering feedback and support where required
- You will agree and set KPI's and objectives for your team members and report on those metrics at an aggregate level to senior Directors
- You will run and develop local incentives to drive activities, and further the sense of engagement and morale within your team
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications;
- Demonstrable experience gained within senior level management environment
- Highly numerate
- Ability to use initiative and exercise sound commercial judgment
- Proven track record of conceiving and implementing strategies for change
- Excellent presentation, communication and relationship building skills
- Leadership ability, with the desire to coach and develop a team
- Flexible and able to quickly adapt to new situations
- Highly organised, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Degree level educated (or equivalent experience) in any discipline but must have a minimum A in GCSE Maths