Management Accountant - Research/Grants
This high-profile London based not for profit organisation is looking to recruit a Senior Research Accountant to support them in the management of funding from research grants, external funding and collaborations with partnership organisations. It is essential to ensure that the research teams are adhering to key financial processes and compliance activities in respect to all their grant funded activities.
Reporting to the Head of Research Finance, your daily?s duties will include:
- Provide financial information and analysis to research teams on their grants
- Proactively work with budget holders to assist them in the management and utilisation of their external funding
- Provide proactive business partnering to research staff on the accounting for externally funded grants, including advice and monitoring of financial performance on research projects
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of financial elements of funder conditions whilst providing advice to budget holders on compliance issues
- Complete external funding body financial reports and returns in line with funder requirements
- Ensure that grant income and expenditure budgets are loaded on timely basis
- Review and correction of grant income and expenditure actuals and accruals
- Support the financial planning and reporting arrangements through undertaking forecasting for grant income and expenditure
- Provide support to the Head of Research Finance in identifying and implementing improvements in grant accounting processes
The successful candidate will be a ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CIPFA qualified or at least part-qualified accountant who possesses extensive experience within a similar grant funding environment. You must have an interest in and commitment to providing accounting support within a scientific research environment. You must possess high attention to detail and have strong influencing skills whilst possessing first class written and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to communicate complex financial information to non-finance staff.
For this exciting role, it is essential that you have excellent systems skills including being an advanced user of Excel, whilst a working knowledge of Agresso would provide a distinct advantage.
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959911686