As Release Manager your leadership will be pivotal to the creation of release that balances the individual needs of the release (includes complex projects, small changes, urgent production fixes etc.) and the respective business areas needs with that of the overriding principle of protecting the production environment.
You will ensure the releases, that are managed independently, are aligned to the release milestones, ensuring that any change maintain the release integrity with regard to date / milestone adherence and deliverable quality. You will gather demand for the release from various sources and agree the main content of release with product owners, testers, project managers and development teams. Where there are contentions, you will escalate the issue appropriately to ensure it is resolved. You will work with the Development teams and Test teams to ensure any “fix” plans align with your timelines and can be tested in the right environment. Throughout the release you will work with the Infrastructure teams to ensure you secure the right environments at the appropriate scale for your releases needs.
Reporting and communication will be key for this role, not only across IT Service Delivery and programme teams but also throughout the IT department and beyond, as these releases will be key to the overall TUI Group ambition.What We Are Looking For
- A proven track record in project or programme delivery
- Technical acumen and experience of on prem, cloud and SaaS based services
- ITIL or similar IT Service Delivery processes
- Business and IT Service Change Management
- Capable and confident communicator, owning communication of the release (including status of the release, agreed scope, software versions etc.)
- Scheduling and Planning, highlighting dependencies understanding their relative importance
- Release Resourcing – support resourcing and resourcing issues to ensure the success of the release
- Risk and Impact Analysis – Identify and work with targets, dependencies and constraints
- Ability to see the big picture, analyse complex delivery schedules and evaluate ways to meet expectations; including alignment to Business Change Management and the Release Pipeline
- Build relationships with Environment Management, ensuring scheduling alignment for deployment and partnership relating to actions and issues
- Manage major issues / defects across Dry-run (Confidence Testing) and Go-live Weekends
- Lead Daily Stand-ups and similar of IT and Business Stakeholders
- Deliver Release Assurance, including Release Readiness, Gate Reviews and Lessons Learned to ensure the Release Management process continues to evolve
- Work with multiple disperse groups and Third Parties to prioritise and resolve issues
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are engaged - coordinate with relevant parties for planning to ensure smooth delivery of projects (e.g. business for UAT, Infrastructure team for environments etc.)
- Assure Third Party performance and delivery in the release
- Able to take accountability and confident at driving actions through to resolution
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, adept at managing a wide range of stakeholders and the ability to demonstrate when a good job has been done
- Able to work on own initiative and take a long term view and anticipating workloads
- Proactive attitude and approach
- Drive, resilience and energy and the ability to adapt quickly to changes in priority
- Adhere to and help develop Release Policy, Process and Metrics, and help evolve the continual improvement of overall Release processes
- Proven experience of delivering release management in large and complex environments.
- Advanced knowledge of SDLC (including waterfall and agile)
- Knowledge of development scripts and automation tools used to build and deploy software
- Up-to-date with technology trends, including DevOps
- Ability to run a tight ship services organisation but also liaise seamlessly and flex where necessary to work the delivery organisation in order ensure smooth service introduction.
- Strong on process but able to make sensible adaptations where needed.
- Experience of ITIL based IT release methodology definition and adoption.
- Ability to gain, build and maintain stakeholder trust.
- Jira and/or Plutora experience (desirable)
- A successful candidate will have at least bachelor’s degree level education in Computing, Natural Science, Mathematics, other numerate subjects. A degree in business or finance would also be considered relevant.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79168210