Fleet Accountant - Shipping Industry
JOB DESCRIPTION - FLEET ACCOUNTANT
My client is a subsidiary of an international shipping group and consists of Technical Services, Ship Management and Crew Management. The latter two form a traditional ship management structure with a growing fleet.
The subsidiary is a new structure that creates auditing systems for the monitoring of external managers and service providers. Its clients include the parent company and two global private equity companies.
This role will be reporting directly into the Group Chief Accountant/Head of Technical.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Preparation of monthly performance reports;
- Liaising with the technical and commercial teams to provide explanations and analysis on unexpected variances;
- Reviewing and processing vessel manager reports on the accounting software;
- Responsible for maintaining accounting records for all of the local service and holding companies within the group;
- Preparing the sub-group consolidation, including processing consolidation journals; (Past consol experience not necessary)
- Working closely with the accountant in India and Group Finance for group reporting purposes; and
- Ad hoc projects and other tasks as advised by the head of technical.
- Strong Excel and analytical skills;
- Demonstrates willingness to take ownership and accountability;
- Strong interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication
- Ability to prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Good organisation skills, systematic and process driven
- Management accounting background, preferably within shipping
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959920549