Data Protection Officer - Full Time - Wimbledon
Our Corporate Governance Department is looking for a confident and highly professional individual to join their Head Office based team. Reporting to the National Data Protection Officer, this engaging role offers responsibility and variety within a department that ensures that the Company’s legal and internal Data Protection Compliance requirements are met efficiently and effectively. If you are a talented multi-tasker with a drive to deliver workable solutions, this could be the ideal role for you!
What will you do?
- Supporting the National Data Protection Officer (NDPO) in the implementation and ongoing development of the Company’s Data Protection Compliance Management System
- Drafting Company procedures and providing relevant training to our
- employees to comply with existing and upcoming requirements under national and EU Data Protection laws
- Providing every day and ad-hoc UK Data Protection advice on a wide variety of queries and new initiatives from Head Office departments and Sales regions; liaising with external legal advisers
- Carrying out Privacy Impact Assessments, drawing up specific Data Processing Agreements between the Company and a wide range of national and international business partners
- Undertaking Data Protection audits, providing support for Privacy Breach management and regular reporting to the Compliance Director and the Board
- Communicating with the Information Commissioner’s Office when required
- Deputising in the National Data Protection Officer’s absence
What will you need?
- Excellent literacy and numerical skills
- Ability to combine a good eye for detail with big picture commercial considerations
- PC literate with a high level of proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- An excellent communicator and multi-tasker with exceptional organisational abilities
- Detail focussed and pragmatic Highly professional and polite with the ability to be firm and assertive when necessary
- Ability to work independently, managing conflicting priorities with ease and efficiency
- Motivated and proactive, with an eagerness to learn and develop
What do we offer?
- £24,360 - £30,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- 10% London Weighting benefit (non contractual) for employees working within the M25
- 30 days holiday pro rata per annum (including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects