Information Security Specialist ( third party )
My Client, a financial services provider, based in Manchester is looking to grow its security team to support its network of over 200 UK branches. The number of different suppliers they are engaging with has grown rapidly, with now over 100, so they are looking for an information security specialist, to focus initially on the third party supplier assurance. They already have excellent relationships with their stakeholders, including system owners, senior management and IT teams in the UK, and internationally. This additional team member will assist the stakeholders further in providing excellent support to the branches and customers by being passionate about building innovative and pragmatic solutions.
- Third Party supplier assurance against - ISO27001, PCI DSS - including questionnaires as well as site reviews.
- Perform risk and control assessments and finding cost-effective Security solutions that efficiently support customer needs.
- Create, implement and maintain the UK information Security Rules in line with group requirements.
- Provide appropriate advice and interpretation of Information Security best practice and UK regulatory requirements as new products/ systems are developed.
- Provide assurance activities to assess the effective implementation and operation of systems and controls to manage the information security risks.
- Respond to queries from the branches and other colleagues on information security.
- An understanding of Information Security best practice and regulatory requirements with experience in business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Hold or have the capability to attain appropriate external qualifications, e.g. CISSP.
- Be able to interact proactively and confidently with all areas of business, including senior management and product owners.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Have previous experience working in the financial industry.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain further experience in the financial industry with a leading service provider. The position will be based in their Head office and will require travel every other week within the UK and occasionally abroad.