Audit Senior | Top 20 firm
Are you an ambitious Audit/Accounts Senior looking to enhance your career with an employer renowned for providing a quality service and promoting staff development?
This is a rare opportunity that is also open to candidates working in a small to mid-tier firms, who are looking to make the step up into an award-winning Top 20 firm and develop their Audit experience and long-term career prospects. The firm are looking for an ambitious individual who will have the potential to progress to management level and beyond.
You will have a strong academic background together with ACA or ACCA together with experience of leading audits and supervising juniors.
The role will entail planning and leading audits for diverse portfolio of clients across a variety of sectors and sizes, whilst supervising and reviewing the work of audit assistants. the successful candidate will be client facing and aware of the laws and regulations that apply to accounting and audit.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Leading audits and be responsible for a team usually at a clients’ premises.
- Taking responsibility for all aspects of file completion (including preparation of the first draft of the Corporation Tax computation)
- Liaise with clients regarding accounting queries and listens, questions and clarifies information and instructions.
- To prepare an audit file and ensure that all judgements are fully documented and considered, and for the file to be completed to a high standard.
- To plan audit assignments.
- To assist in the preparation of statutory accounts from client trial balance, to incomplete records, where necessary.
- Ensure that work is performed in a cost-effective manner.
- To assist in the supervision, training and development of trainees and provide clear direction on site for the audit team in the fulfilment of their responsibilities.
- To keep up to date with auditing, accounting and general taxation issues.
- To resolve technical issues as required
Worked Based Competencies
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience of an electronic audit programme
- Experience of CaseWare and Sage would be an advantage
For more information on this Audit Senior role please either apply directly, or contact Cody Palmer at AJ Chambers. If this role isn’t for you but you do possess many of the requirements please do get in contact with us as we may be able to offer a more suitable role.
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959922059