UI Designer : Start-up Digital Venture backed by FTSE 100 Co
UI Designer : Start-up Digital Venture backed by FTSE 100 Co.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6-12 Months Initially
Rate: c.£500 per day
A Start-up Digital Venture backed by a FTSE 100 Company has an exciting opportunity for a creative UI Designer to join their dynamic and innovative team.
The UI Designer that the team are looking for will work closely with the Front End Developers, Data Scientists and other UI Designers in an Agile and 'Social Programming' environment. The team test and review each other's work and have a weekly and sometimes a daily scrum.
This team was created to revolutionise the way this company designs, builds and launches digital products and services.
Forget the image of traditional, slow-moving, hierarchical corporate environments common within the sector. And instead, think agile, collaborative, cross-functional venture teams that explore new opportunities, solve real business problems and most importantly, ship products.
This is a crack team of business leaders, product designers, engineers and technology experts. They have their own office, their our own culture and the autonomy to combine innovative ideas and technology to make industry-leading products and services.
About the Role:
- Create pixel-perfect interfaces
- Conceptualise new ideas, create prototypes at various levels of fidelity and test with real customers
- Create and own a visual language across the venture
- Present designs and rationale to colleagues and stakeholders
- Attend and potentially conduct workshops to generate ideas and solve problems
- Collaborate with UX and Strategy to find new solutions and ideas
- Work closely with developers to communicate designs and ensure accuracy in build
- Several years experience as a UI / Visual Designer with a proven track record and strong portfolio
- Experience working across a variety of products, ranging from mobile applications to complex web-based services
- Expert competency in Sketch, Photoshop & hand-off tools such as Zeplin
- Excellent UI execution skills (including animation and micro interactions)
- Rapid prototyping skills (InVision, Marvel, Principle etc.)
- A strong understanding of UI design systems
- Experience documenting style guides and component libraries
- An understanding of UX design methods and practices
- Experience working in Lean and Agile environments
- Experience taking a digital product or service from concept to launch and beyond
- A willingness to be the go-to person for everything design – from landing pages to iconography to demo videos
- Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and design decisions
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79158267