HGV Field Engineer
HGV Field Engineer (After sales support)
Salary c£38,000 per annum DOE + company van
Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5:30 pm (40 hr week)
About the company:
Our client’s business is based in Chorley, with clients throughout the whole of the UK. They have been established for over 60 years and are experts in contract vehicle rental and maintenance; offering a comprehensive range of heavy commercial vehicles means that they are a market leader in providing specialist vehicle hire across numerous industries, coupled with engineering expertise and outstanding customer service.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified HGV Technician/Engineer from a stable background who is self-motivated and well-organised to join a modern and forward-thinking company.
Preferably qualified through City & Guilds/NVQ or equivalent in Heavy Motor Vehicle Mechanics (Level 3) however qualified by experience/time-served mechanics will be considered, additionally, extensive experience in electrical and hydraulic work on refuse collection vehicles would be viewed as an advantage.
This is very much a 'hands-on’ Aftersales Engineer Support position, working from a fully fitted service van, you will attend customer sites around London, Southern England and the Midlands. You will be instructed by the office on what jobs you’ll be out working on but being able to prioritise your work is essential as you will be liaising with customers daily.
The Main Duties Include:
- Provide technical support to customers on their vehicles
- Attend call outs and inspect customers vehicles
- Investigate and diagnose faults
- Correctly diagnose faults and report your findings to the Assistant Service Manager
- Liaise with the Parts Department to ensure the correct parts are ordered
- Ensure that your van is kept at the optimum stock levels to carry your job out efficiently
- Complete service records and timesheets for each job accurately
- Deal with warranty parts and return these to head office in a timely manner
- Maintain Health and Safety standards
- Provide onsite training to customers
- 40 hours to be worked between Monday to Friday, usually 8:00 am - 5:30 pm, however there is a need to be flexible due to client support contracts
- Company van supplied
- Full product training provided
- 28 days holiday including statutory bank holidays