We are Argos, the UK’s leading multi-channel retailer. So, whether you’re shopping online, from our smart phone app or popping into one of over 840 stores across the UK you’ll probably know that the service, value and variety we offer our customers is awesome - and the same goes for a career at Argos too!
Right now, our outstanding Bradwell Media team is on the hunt for a Photographer. This role is to capture and assess client photographic requirements resulting in the effective translation of the brief into the final images. To organise workload of both themselves and the Photographic Assistants within the Studio environment to ensure that where possible all deadlines are met.
As you would expect from a business that moves at the pace Argos does, no two days tend to be the same, however, some of your day to day tasks will include...
- Keep the Production Support team updated with progress of all photography on an ongoing basis.
- To continually strive to improve the Studio creative standards through portfolio and development photography.
- Keep the Production Support team fully appraised of progress and any deficiencies to samples/props to ensure any issues can be resolved as quickly as possible.
- On occasion, when location shoot is required, the Photographer should ensure that the Photographic Assistants are fully briefed.
- Develop and maintain a flow of personal portfolio work that can build up to develop the Studio portfolio.
What you will need:
- Experience shooting product in a studio
- Experience of working with Stylists and Art Directors on a regular basis
- Able to question and influence to gain an understanding of the client’s needs
- Full working knowledge of digital photography, the equipment and software used in its production (both image capture and manipulation - e.g Photoshop)
- Proven ability to multi-task, working in a high pressured, fast moving environment
- Knowledge of - Art Direction, Styling, Propping and Client Management
Now we appreciate that everyone is looking for "passionate" employees, but for us, we really mean it! So if you have a genuine passion for marketing and have experience that fits in with the above, then hit the apply button, 'cus we want to hear from you!
If the prospect of working for the UK’s best retailer (yes, we’re biased but we don’t care) isn’t enough, we’ll even pay you for the pleasure! As well as a competitive salary, our company benefits include, 24 days holiday, save as you earn, discretionary annual bonus and company pension scheme, you will work in an exciting environment with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own aspirations.