Senior SAS Analyst
Senior SAS Analyst required to join an insurance organisation to analyse complex health data and produce, verify and interpret analytic findings and develop consumable output for internal and external stakeholders.
The role is based in London and pays a salary from £35K up to £60K (depending on skills and experience) plus excellent benefits working for a major blue chip organisation specialising in health insurance.
Senior SAS Analyst - Key skills and experience:-
- 5+ years of related experience in Insurance or Healthcare with deep understanding of the service industry.
- Master’s Degree preferably in statistics, mathematics, epidemiology, bio-statistics, public health, or other related field, or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of healthcare data and key concepts of the PMI business and experience working with medical claims data is a plus
- Proficient in SAS and Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint. Working with oracle databases and knowledgeable of SQL programming
- The individual will be the technical expert in data analysis and interpretation and statistical methods
- Exceptional analytical thinking abilities, capable of sound decision-making, and able to understand wider business issues without losing sight of the detail
- Ownership and leadership: The individual will have strong sense of ownership, deep experience of working as lead analyst on large & complex projects involving multiple stakeholders and complex technologies
- The individual will have a logical and analytical approach to problem solving and issue resolution
- Able to seize an opportunity to demonstrate a willingness to adapt their style and approach to different situations
- Demonstrate innovative, lateral and creative thinking and have the broad knowledge and commercial aptitude to contribute ideas on all aspects of the organisation
Senior SAS Analyst is responsible for designing and performing analyses of health care data, including medical data, drug data, claims data, membership files, and other operational data to better understand the quality and level of care delivered, the commercials involved and measure the effectiveness of our clients services on both clinical quality and financial returns.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading insurance organisation in London offering an attractive salary to £60K (depending on skills and experience) plus excellent benefits - please contact us now to discuss the role in more detail.