Customer Relations Associate - Workplace Investing
WI Customer relations provide support to all Workplace Pensions full service schemes/members in the resolution of queries relating to all aspects of servicing. The team strives for a high-standard of delivery to aid the organisation in providing a class-leading customer experience. You will be expected to respond to a variety of different types of complaints which may include; information on a member's account; pension legislation, calculation of benefits/protections and root cause analysis.
Purpose of your role
This role reports to the Complaints Manager and you will work closely with other areas of the WI business. In this role, you will provide operational resolutions on member's accounts, and respond, by letter, email and telephone to incoming complaints from members/IFAs, ensuring you provide excellent customer service.
This role is extremely varied and you will be expected to respond to a number of different types of concerns; from advisers querying fund charges to dealing sensitively with deceased customer issues. You will:
- Aim to not only respond with a level of detail and quality that meets and/or exceeds customer expectations, but to address the root cause of the query, providing appropriate operational fixes to customer accounts
- Handle all interactions with the customer in a timely manner
- Ensure that any regulatory requirements are met
- Identify improvements that can be made to our processes and procedures to prevent future occurrences of these issues
- Be empowered to work on your own portfolio of account issues, with support from your colleagues, complying at all times with Company procedures. You will also be required to gain a sufficient understanding of Fidelity's own operating systems.
As part of our commitment to Treating Customers Fairly (TCF), you will be expected to fully adhere to and follow set procedures which are in place, ensuring that all customers you have contact with receive the highest level of customer service, on a consistent basis. It is essential that you fully understand what the 6 TCF outcomes are and how they affect your department, feeding back any customer comments to your Manager.
- Investigation and resolution of member complaints for all items allocated to you by your Manager
- Communicate in a friendly and professional way with clients over the phone, and in writing as appropriate
- Developing a relevant understanding of Fidelity's systems
- Take ownership for your own continued learning of FIL's products and operational processes, identifying and suggesting methods of improving them to management
- Ensure all written responses demonstrate diplomacy and empathy whilst being concise and outcome orientated
- Work to deadlines to strive to keep complaints from being referred to the Ombudsman with timely escalation of high-risk cases or issues to your Manager
- Take ownership of individual issues and ensure they are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer and Fidelity
- Supporting Fidelity's Treating Customers Fairly framework, ensuring concerns are promptly reported to management
- Explaining UK products and procedures clearly and simply whilst promoting Fidelity's brand values
- Ensuring appropriate escalation of issues to management e.g. those that have regulatory/reputational/financial risk
- Ensuring the reputation and business integrity of Fidelity is upheld at all times
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Pensions Technical knowledge and experience of Workplace Pensions
- A passion for client service and the ability to act as a highly competent client contact for administrative and resolution purposes
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with internal and external customers, in writing and verbally, at all levels of the business
- FA2 and CF1 qualifications preferable, or willingness to work towards them
- Team player who can gain the support and commitment of internal and external members
- A proactive approach to internal relationships with an analytical, enquiring mind and a willingness to learn
- Willingness to challenge with a view to improving client service delivery
- 'Can do' attitude reflected in pro-active problem resolution skills and frequent follow-up
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to the role, professionalism and maturity
- Good organisational skills - ability to 'multi-task'
- Proficiency in major MS Office Applications (Word, Excel)