Production Shift Manager
Production Manager required. My client is a leading provider in the food industry based in the Northampton area. Due to the on-going success and growth of the company they are seeking a hands on production shift manager to join the team. It is expected that the production manager will have a proven established career within a production management / supervisory role.
Reporting to the Operations Director you will organise and coordinate the activities of a team packers and operatives whilst reaching agreed quality and output targets in accordance with BRC Standards.
You will demonstrate excellent organisational and people management skills drive and determination to keep production lines running, to problem solve and operate monitor and control machinery to optimise efficiency product quality and safety.
Production Shift Manager - Position Overview
- Learning and grasping the running of machinery.
- Set and achieve targets and efficiencies in line with the production plan. Understanding and promoting urgency. Communicate effectively with the Production Planner.
- Strong problem solving skills in order to fault find production related issues and machine breakdowns to minimise down time.
- Oversee regular quality checks to ensure the product is produced and packed in line with specification and quality standards and working closely with our technical team. Recording quality and product information ensuring BRC standards are met.
- Ownership of your own safety and promote safe working practices across the team and areas.
- Oversee the maintenance and cleanliness of machinery and the working environment.
- Carry out production line change overs, ensuring that the production line is set up ready to meet production plan, and run at maximum efficiency.
- Coordinate any goods in and goods out movements.
Production Shift Manager - Position Requirements
- Strong communication, organisational and people management skills
- Previous Food Manufacturing experience is not essential but highly beneficial
- Practical knowledge of production equipment
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills
- Hands on approach
Production Shift Manager -Position Remuneration
- Salary £25,000 - £30,000 DOE (Starting Salary, Pay Reviews after probation)
- Monday - Friday 48hrs per week
- 30 days' holiday, including bank
- Workplace pension
- Excellent opportunity to contribute and grow with the company
- Start ASAP
Bennett & Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy