Financial Accountant (Newly Qualified ACA) required for our client, a prestigious and global Oil & Gas business, who are currently undergoing some incredibly exciting activity.
This role will be the 2nd most senior within the team and report directly into the Financial Controller of this newly created division, which intends to grow rapidly over the next 2-3 years, offering huge opportunity and potential for the successful candidate.
You will support the business and provide accurate monthly and ad hoc management and financial reporting and cost control information. Costs incurred within the next 5 years are envisaged to be in excess of $1 billion and so cost monitoring and control will be a key factor for this business.
Role will require:
- An NQ, ACA Qualified Accountant (Big 4 ideally, if not, top 10)
- Experience of the Oil & Gas sector
- Good knowledge of accounting control procedures
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop more junior individuals within the team
Role will include:
Financial and Management Information
- Overview of the monthly financial results for discussion with the Financial Controller, for onward submission
- Ensure production of high quality, relevant management information and variance analysis by project for the
- Ensure maintenance of adequate systems to account for the spend on each joint venture license such that it can be audited by current and future JV partners
- Ensure costs are being capitalised and depreciated in accordance with the Business Capitalization Policy.
- Review and update the 13 week forecast to ensure it reflects invoices due and forecast spend.
- Prepare annual statutory accounts for 3 active and 1 dormant legal entities and take through the annual statutory audit.
- Assist in the preparation of annual tax returns for 3 active entities and 1 dormant.
Operational Financial Planning
- Working with the Financial Controller, Operations, Commercial and Technical teams, prepare the annual budget and 5 year E&E cost projection by project/activity
- Working with the Operations, Commercial and Technical teams, produce a monthly updated rolling 3 month forecast showing anticipated cost spend across the business according to the Business Master Plan. Ensure the 13 week cash forecast reflects the anticipated spend
Financial Control & Integrity of Results
- Work with speciality auditors to ensure controls over project related spend at JV partners are adequate
- Ensure that the Business Delegation of Authorities is being adhered to in order to ensure a high level of financial rigour.
Process Improvement and Financial Support
- Develop and refine financial system set up to ensure simple and effective accounting and reporting processes are developed
- Ensure all financial processes operating within the finance team are documented and regularly updated
- Support and advise the wider team on financial management and business processes
For more information, please contact Amel Steel on /
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.