Head of Product Partnerships
Role: Head of Product Partnerships
Location: Thetford, Norfolk
Salary: £55k to £65K basic, PRP, benefits
Exciting times, lots of change and great opportunities for talented people - this exciting new role is ideal for a Product Manager or Category Manager looking for the next step or challenge.
As Head of Product Partnerships you will need to have good Category Management or Product Management experience, NPD / Product Lifecycle knowledge and an understanding what it takes to launch new products. In addition you will be responsible for identifying key product partners, forging relationships and creating commercial terms to drive the best solution for the client.
Working closely with other members of the product team, you will need to create a product specification based on understanding and analysis of the market and competitive conditions, from which to source products & partnerships on a globallevel.
Main purpose of role:
- As the Head of Product Category you will lead the product category to deliver short and longer term budgeted sales and contribution.
- Responsible for managing the category throughout the product lifecycle from planning to withdrawal, supporting the clients wider strategy and objectives.
- Responsible for identifying key partners for pre-described products, forging relationships and creating commercial terms to drive the best solution for the client.
- Through understanding and analysis of the market and competitive conditions, create a category vision that is differentiated and delivers unique value, based on customer demands. Help the board consider relevant acquisition targets that may achieve this defined position.
- Execute through cross-functional leadership, leading resources from engineering, sales and marketing communications teams, to create a category strategy from insight, through development into customer launch.
- Take overall responsibility for defining the 'why’, 'what,’ and 'when’ of the category working with internal manufacturing facilities and external partners to bring products to market in a timely fashion.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Manage the category life-cycle from strategic planning to tacticalactivities.
- Define the long-term strategy of the category and create 1 & 3-year product road maps, securing executivebuy-in.
- Analyse potential partner relationships for finished goods or components to help develop best in class for their products.
- Effectively manage the product tail, reducing sku complexity wherepossible.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting marketresearch supported by on-going visits to customers andnon-customers.
- Be the internal voice of the customer - gain a deep understanding of customer experience, to enable identification of, and develop solutions to fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drivegrowth
- Drive a solution set across Engineering, Production and Marketing Communications teams through market requirements, product contract, andpositioning.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, for Systems, working with all departments toexecute.
- Develop appropriate product pricing and positioningstrategies.
- Scope and prioritise activities based on business and customerimpact.
- Drive product launches including working with Marketing Communications team, executives,and other product & sales teammembers.
- Continual review of key Partnerships developed to ensure terms are continually metand exclusivity secured whereappropriate.
Key Skills Required:
- Previous senior level experience of Category or Product Management and Partnership set up in a fast paced commercial environmentessential
- Demonstrable ability to solve problems, and create meaningful solutions based ondata
- Excellent attention to detail, with a pursuit ofexcellence.
- Ability to empathise with all team members, accurately translating needs clearly andconcisely
- Excellent project managementskills
- Proficient in the use of IT Systems including Microsoft Officepackages
- Sound understanding and experience of implementing 3rd party partnerships and the ability to secure commitment on actions from all stakeholders.
- You will be expected to have a broad knowledge of how to build a market and a high level of understanding in product development / launch processes