Python, Django Developer
Role - Python, Django Developer
Salary £30,000 to £35,000
Location - Manchester
Our client is an award-winning Mixed-Reality business helping people visualise what new home decor and furnishings look like in their own room. With investment from the likes of UK retailer John Lewis, we are pioneering new techniques in computer vision and machine learning to truly disrupt the world of retail.
Our client is looking for a python developer with an outstanding knowledge of Django who can help us build our technology into a robust, world-class platform. You will join our existing web and mobile development team currently working on transitioning our current early-stage web prototype into a fully-fledged commercial web application.
Your role will be to drive and develop our cloud API platform, the central hub for all our client's systems. Alongside API development you will be directly engaged on cutting-edge customer projects in the fields of AR, VR, computer vision, machine-learning and 3D image capture.
You will have an immense impact and input on the systems and tools we use and how we implement our development process as we scale. We are looking for someone with experience of delivering successful commercial projects.
You should be happy taking on a variety of tasks and be motivated by learning new skills to solve problems as they arise.
We are looking at all Python developers with 15 months plus experience
- Familiarity with Python and understanding of Python frameworks (Django, Flask, Celery)
- Good knowledge of relational databases, such as PostgreSQL & MySQL. Experience with database scheme design and entity relationship modelling
- Understand the role of NoSQL data stores
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written)
- Strong mathematical knowledge / analytical mind-set
- Experience with TDD
- Experience using source control (GIT)
- 15 months to 3 years if we're Lucky
- Background in Computer Science or related discipline
- An appreciation of Object Oriented programming principles and / or functional programming techniques
- Excellent problem solving abilities and resourcefulness using online resources
- An enthusiasm and passion for what you do and a desire to learn and continue to improve!
If you feel you have the skills, please call Nick Fini on or email me on . Call Now to avoid disappointment.