Technical Designer - Roofing
Our Clients name has become synonymous with delivering dependable waterproofing solutions backed by supreme levels of customer service. This hard earned reputation has been built on a foundation of quality and an ethos of customer service which permeates through the organisation and remains as strong today as it did 100 years ago.
A position has become available for the post of Designer – Roofing Specifications and applications are invited from applicants that possess HNC/HND in construction or equivalent.
The person will possess:
- In depth knowledge of construction products
- Good knowledge of waterproofing product applications
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Confidence to deal with people at all levels
- Good attention to detail with a practical “Can do” attitude
- Practical CAD experience and knowledge
Key Responsibilities include:
- Production and checking of waterproofing specifications, ensuring accuracy of specification designs
- Provide helpdesk support to internal and external customers
- Produce library and project specific CAD details and written text to be included in specifications
- Improve customer understanding of the use of company products
- Communicate with ABMs, contractors and clients to ensure correct specification is followed.
- Interpret architectural drawings
- Ensure all aspects of Health & Safety are adhered to
The successful candidate will have excellent communications skills both oral and written and good report writing skills and familiar with Microsoft office.
Employment type – Full time and permanent.
Salary – Competitive and commensurate with experience.
Company Benefits we offer in return:
Free corporate cash plan healthcare benefits
- 32 days holiday, increasing to 34 which includes bank holidays
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Free car park at all sites
- Substantial Death in service benefit
- Discounted private healthcare
- Discounted Bike to work scheme
- Discounts with 1,000+ retailers
- Discounted childcare vouchers (potentially save over £1,000 per year on childcare costs)