We have an exciting opportunity for a Release Manager to plan and manage the release of all patches and business change requests to Oracle Fusion ERP, Oracle Private Cloud middleware and reporting solution within Whitbread.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be doing
- Establish and manage the processes and procedures governing release management.
- Scheduling, coordinating the management of releases across the landscape for multiple applications. Releases may include application updates and patches, project changes, small business changes, operating system patches, security improvements, infrastructure changes.
- Create deployment and implementation run books where needed.
- Accountable to ensure release strategy and plan meets the need for the product set to remain secure and in full support.
- Feed into Whitbread Infrastructure capacity planning.
- Work with Project & Programme Managers to understand impact and dependency of changes.
- Maintain an understanding of the technical landscape, integration of external applications and dependencies and impact on releases and change.
- Provide occasional out of hours support for co-ordination of releases and change and may occasionally be involved in major incidents requiring 2nd / 3rd level analysis, working with 3rd parties to ensure swift resolution.
- Ensure that releases and change follow a quality approach deploying to dev, then test then production and that releases do not impact performance and resilience.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and techniques in the Public/Private Cloud release management and actively promotes improvements to our tools and processes.
What we are looking for
- Previous experience working as a Release Manager in a fast paced, complex multi system environment
- Demonstrable ability to prioritise and co-ordinate own and virtual team activities
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to identify and manage risk
- Able to manage third party suppliers and off-shore teams
- Good understanding and experience of working in BAU and with Service Management processes
- Experience with Oracle solutions and Oracle toolsets would be a huge advantage
- Knowledge of public/private cloud technical architectures