Reconciliations Team Leader in Bath
We are looking for a Reconciliations Team Leader with CASS knowledge and a solid background in the Financial Services industry for a new position with one of our most prestigious clients. The company has an excellent reputation amongst the industry and this is the perfect time to join the business as it continues to expand.
The offices are in central Bath, just a few minute's walk away from the Bath Spa train, park & ride and bus station. The small team is friendly and welcoming and there is a very good office atmosphere.
This person will be responsible for running and maintaining core team processes, these will include the following:
- Daily Client Money Reconciliations, ensuring that all client money is protected as per the CASS regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all assets held in the nominee account and all cash held in the bank accounts are reconciled to third party records and that the company complies with CASS regulations.
- Analysis and development of processes, implementing new systems and sharing ideas on best practice.
- Regular liaison across other business areas, with third party providers, brokers, banks and investment managers.
- Responsible for all of the bank reconciliations, identifying any breaks and ensuring that the transactional teams within Operations investigate and clearing any breaks.
- Assisting with the month end balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure that the trial balance is accounted for.
- Unit reconciliation for all nominee companies.
- Regular liaison with internal audit, the compliance department and external auditors and regulators.
- Maintenance of MI on the cash and asset reconciliations and will involve user acceptance testing or other system testing from time to time.
- Reconciliations and CASS knowledge is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, commitment and good attention to detail.
- A good understanding of treasury systems and FCA regulations.
- A genuine interest in investments and keeping abreast of industry trends and changes to legislation and rules.
- Previous team leading experience (overseeing a team, training or motivating others or managing a team).
- Being adaptable to change and eager to expand upon level of responsibility as the team grows.
The company bonus and benefits scheme is highly competitive and stands out above the industry standard. In addition, study support towards professional qualifications is provided and there are fantastic career development opportunities within the organisation.