Senior Press and Media Officer
Senior Press and Media Officer - 8 Months - London
Senior Press and Media Officer needed to support the current Head of Press and Media and the Press and Media Manager in providing specialist media advice and support. The Press and Media officer will provide effective media handling advice as part of the 24/7 media function and provide a professional service for journalists.
The Press and Media Officer will provide a service for journalists by managing high-profile and sensitive media issues and answering enquiries in a timely and informative manner. The Press and Media Officer will demonstrate a practical understanding of how print, broadcast and digital media work, including the media cycle, circulation and deadlines.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in a professional communication role.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of communication theory and best practice.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of emerging press and media services, tools and trends, including techniques for optimising content.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of different stakeholders. Use this knowledge to ensure the tone, language and format of communication is easily accessible to, and read by, a range of stakeholders.
- Use insight to identify target audiences and stakeholders, support decision-making and help inform the overall communication approach.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of value for money in communication delivery.
- Communicate in a succinct and engaging manner using appropriate styles, methods and timing, including digital channels, to maximise understanding and impact.
- Demonstrate an ability to express ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, and appropriate to message and audience.
Industry recognised communication qualification (such as CIPR / IoIC) or equivalent.
Membership of a professional communications body e.g. (Chartered Institute of Public Relations, Institute of Internal Communication)
If you are the Senior Press and Media Officer for this role get in touch ASAP!
Parity Professionals - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Agency when providing permanent recruitment services.