Senior Residential Childcare Worker
Senior Children’s Support Worker
Salary: £22-24k per annum
Permanent Full Time
Safehands are delighted to announce we are now recruiting for a Senior Support Worker for one of the regions most innovative and bespoke children’s care providers in the Birmingham area, this is a full time permanent vacancy and for the right candidate a platform into a managerial career in Children’s Residential Services. Working with Children with Behavioural, Emotional and Social Difficulties my client are seeking a special type of person to help transform the lives of vulnerable young people.
Responsibility for the supervision of a shift and the Support Workers at a Children’s Home providing advice, care and stability for the young people ensuring they are treated equally, whilst promoting positive role-modelling behaviour.
- Supervise Support Workers and cascade information so that disadvantaged young people are cared for, guided and incentivised appropriately in line with legislative, in line with relevant legislative, contractual and inspection framework requirements
- Demonstrate to the young people the value of education, care and development so that they improve behaviour, by being a positive role model.
- Build and create mutual trust and respect with young people in order that they respond and react appropriately to information and instructions.
- Define structures and boundaries of behaviour to young people, acting as a positive role model, so they understand behaviour expected.
- Produce, maintain and distribute house paperwork to ensure relevant information is recorded accurately and is available.
- Control and analyse the young people’s behaviour to avoid incidents and maximise positive behaviours.
- Create and produce activities to occupy and develop young people in order that they gain skills and education on an informed basis
- Coach, support and develop Support Workers ensuring their performance and potential is maximised to meet contractual and company requirements.
- Provide basic advice and skills to young people on managing their finances and other everyday life skills.
Skills and Knowledge
- 12 months residential care experience
- Full driving licence preferable
- QCF level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Experience of monitoring service delivery and meeting short term objectives
- Managing Professionally
- Delivering Performance
- Leading People
- Customer Thinking
- Collaborating & Co-operating
If this wonderful opportunity is of interest to you then please do not hesitate to contact me. To discuss confidentially please call Ash on or alternatively send your CV through via the apply button: