Project Manager required for a marine engineering manufacturer based in Whitstable, Kent.
Our client is leading marine loading arm manufacturer and has been active in the United Kingdom for over 70 years. They have a significant presence throughout the World, with over 60 employees and loading arms in service all over the world.
They are seeking an experienced Project Manager to manage customer product projects from initial requirement phase, through engineering, manufacture and delivery.
MS Project experience and working in a regulated environment where an understanding of documentation delivery is shown - e.g. Oil and Gas / Pharma / Life critical devices etc
- Experience in steel / structural product manufacturing (e.g. Oil rigs / Loading arms / Cranes etc..) or related industry a benefit.
- Engineering understanding.
- Good IT skills, able to manage large amounts of project documentation (MS Project).
- Self-starter with good attention to detail.
- Able to communicate well across the company.
PROJECT / PRACTICE RELATED COMPETENCIES
- Manage day-to-day client interaction.
- Set and manage client expectations.
- Develop lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Build a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
Project / Practice Management
- Create and execute project work plans (Using MS Project) and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources needed and notify of individual responsibilities.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Effectively apply company methodology and enforce project standards.
- Prepare for engagement reviews and work with management system procedures.
- Minimize exposure and risk on project.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Be prepared to travel worldwide for face to face client kick off and progress meetings occasionally.
- Assure project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Work with sales on proposal efforts including completing project scopes.
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively.
- Hold regular status meetings with people involved with the projects.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolve and / or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Understand how to communicate difficult / sensitive information tactfully.
- Track and report hours and expenses on a monthly basis.
- Manage project budget.
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensure timely and accurate invoicing, and monitor receivables for project.
- Follow up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
The company offers a comprehensive package which includes a competitive basic salary, generous holiday allowance and pension.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that is going through positive development, with a strong future.