Senior Services Engineer - Littleborough
Position: Senior Services Engineer
Based: Littleborough, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Contract Length: 18 months
A vacancy has arisen for an Senior Services Engineer at our Littleborough site, reporting to the Facilities Manager.
- Maintain the day to day running of the site facility equipment including Boilers, compressors chillers and dryers
- Promotion of best practice in maintenance operations, maintenance strategies, schedules and audits. Leading to Developing facilities management strategies and forward maintenance planning advice
- Manage small projects and assist with major projects within functional areas of responsibility. Such tasks will include non-factory small building maintenance projects as required.
- Assist with the management of the Security contract and related activities. To complete quarterly perimeter audits, and close out corrective actions as appropriate.
- Generate requisitions for any work required in department
- Job control site facilities related contractors.
- Adhere to health and safety regulations, ensuring that the team work within 'safe systems of work’.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety and Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Assist with the training of other employees as necessary.
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant Engineering Discipline
- ISO14001: CIEH Environmental Principles And Best Practice, Waste Awareness
- Demonstrable experience in food or consumer products industry, supported by a good track record of acquiring Engineering skills and continuous learning,
- A good understanding of inter-discipline skills and multi-skilling
- A solid grounding in food handling safe practices
- An awareness of HACCP, PUWER, LOLA and COSHH
- Ability to work alone and manage own workload
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people, both internal and external to the Company, and own team
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
McCormick entered the Polish market in 2011 with the acquisition of the Kamis business in Stefanowo. The company currently employs more than 900 people in Poland, this role will be based at our European Shared Services in Lodz. McCormick set up it's EMEA Shared Service centre in Lodz in 2014, currently employing more than 160 people.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please apply!
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.