Media Systems Engineer
Our client a Broadcast Media is looking for an experienced Media Systems specialist to join their technology team at the fast-paced broadcast facility in Stratford, East London. In this role, you will support and optimise the performance of EVS media servers, media storage systems, file processing and file delivery facilities, and non-linear edit systems (HD and 4K UHD).
* To support the effective operation of Media Systems and Workflows at broadcast facility
* Monitor and optimise the performance of media servers and storage systems, non-linear edit suites (Avid, Adobe), and file processing delivery facilities.
* Provide first line system support to address technical faults in a timely manner.
* Escalate issues and communicate with Vendor support as required.
* Support Users by preparing operating instructions and communicating changes.
* Guide editors, operators and production staff through complex operational scenarios.
* Complete routine maintenance and regular system checks.
* Supporting all media operations.
* Evaluate new software and hardware.
* Creating and documenting new media workflows.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* At least three years' experience in a similar role with a Broadcaster, OB facilities provider, or a Post-Production House.
* A talent for problem-solving and an understanding of the live transmission chain.
* Experience of supporting either EVS or Avid specialist systems, with
knowledge of the following:
o EVS Video Servers.
o EVS IP Director Workstations.
o EVS XT Access Servers.
o Avid Interplay Systems.
o Avid ISIS storage.
o Avid / Adobe Edit Stations.
o ASG Archive Systems.
o Spectralogic Tape Robots.
You should have experience of working in a modern broadcast IT environment and knowledge of the following will be highly regarded:
o Multi-VLAN networks
o Multi-packet size networks
o Active/Open Directory environments
o Aspera file acceleration services including Console server and Orchestrator
In return, their offer, an opportunity to work with collaborative and helpful team members across all locations. You are also eligible for a variety of employee benefits including private healthcare, medical cash benefits, childcare vouchers,
cycle to work scheme, travel insurance to name a few. Over and above this, they also organize regular social events across different locations, giving an opportunity to get to know employees all over.
8/14 Shift Patterns