Health and Safety Coordinator
BMI Hampshire Clinic in Basingstoke is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Health and Safety Coordinator to join their team of staff in the Health and Safety department.
This is a Part time role for 25 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Level 3 qualification in H&S Management or willingness to complete recognised qualification
- A minimum of NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent
- Fire safety skills
- Competent Risk Assessor
- RCA / Incident investigation
- Operational experience in Health & Safety
- H&S management
- Risk Assessment
- Contractor management
Duties of this role include:
- To advise and assist the Executive Director meet and interpret their duties and obligations under applicable Health & Safety (H&S) Acts, regulations and industry guidance.
- To assist local BMI management achieve a safe working and caring environment to prevent harm from occurring in a BMI service while promoting a positive health and safety culture.
- To demonstrate the significance of health and safety compliance to our regulators i.e. the CQC, HIS, HIW, HSE, EA, local government agents and interested parties.
- Coordinate H&S Inspection and audit programmes (schedule) and results in liaison with the HoDs to ensure weekly inspections are completed and the findings addressed within agreed timescales
- Assist with local management and facilities projects in reviewing contractor/supplier health & safety documentation i.e. Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) within your capability, to ensure they are ‘suitable and sufficient’ and localised. Escalate technical queries to the corporate Health & Safety Manager
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive starting salary and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
BMI Healthcare Scheme
Staff Pension Scheme
25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.