Credit Controller (5 Month Fixed Term)
Reed Accountancy are working with a leading distributor of business supplies within the UK, who are looking to add a Credit Controller to join their team.
This role is offered on a Fixed Term Contract of 5 Months with a Salary of £18,000 pro rata.
As a Credit Controller, you will be responsible for the maintenance of an aged debt ledger to ensure that ageing is kept to a minimum and payments are made to terms by customers, therefore maximising company cash flow.
You will be able to engage on a daily basis with customers, and required to be persistent, assertive but not aggressive to ensure payments are made to terms as well as working pro-actively and on own initiative prioritising cash collection activities for greatest effect and clearly demonstrating an understanding of your ledger at a customer level.
This role requires you to be comfortable with high volume work, with strong relationship building skills and proven organisational and prioritisation capabilities.
Summary of Role Responsibilities:
• Maintain a clean ledger, minimise overdue debt; and maximise cash receipts
• Regularly reconcile trading accounts to ensure that cash collection activity can be completed in a straight forward, time efficient and effective manner
• Ensure payments are allocated to customers account to avoid unnecessary ageing
• Prioritise collection activity on the ledger for greatest effect with a particularly focus on those invoices that are most aged
• Pro-actively manage customer, and colleague, relationships to achieve the best results possible
• Collect interim payments and withhold goods in order to limit unauthorised credit exposure and maximise cash flow
• Customer visits as required and with the support of management
• Any other duties as and when required by management.
• Be an experienced Microsoft Excel user, ideally to Intermediate level, confident manipulating and presenting data and using basic functions, calculations and conditioning rules as necessary
• Be an experienced user of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook able to evidence the capability to appropriately use both applications for all typical day to day activities
• Ideally an experienced cash collector, with specific experience of trade credit
• A good judgment
• A capability to communicate clearly and concisely
• Strong negotiation skills
• Meet cash targets set by line manager
• Be able to manage high workload, setting own and meeting agreed objectives
• An ability to take care over detail and be thorough in the completion of tasks
• Be reliable and responsible towards colleagues, other stakeholders and task
• The ability to remain composed in challenging circumstances and to act objectively
• Have a persistence to achieve, assertive but not aggressive
• A capability to solve problems
• A capability to be decisive
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business