Revenue & Payroll Finance Assistant
The Revenue & Payroll Finance Assistant is responsible for the end to end processes for revenue accounting and for ensuring the accuracy of transactions in respect of the payroll. You will also contribute to the preparation of the monthly and year-end financial accounts.
Our client is a well known public sector organisation, with multiple locations. This role is based in Central Bristol.
As part of the accountancy team, the duties of the Revenue & Payroll Finance Assistant include, but are not limited to;
- Take responsibility for Revenue accounting ensuring that all contract and ad hoc income is invoiced and accounted for correctly and completely.
- Maintain a record of all revenue contracts, working closely with business partners and business development to ensure that invoicing is accurate and timely, to ensure strong cash management.
- Liaise with Debt Management to ensure recovery of all debts and with the Cash Management team to record receipts from debtors.
- Review and release the payroll interface files prepared by the Payroll Services provider. Liaise with the Payroll Liaison Manager to pay over third party deductions. Liaise with the Payroll Liaison Manager to help monitor and account for the recovery of salary overpayments.
- Provide statutory and other information required by HMRC and providers of pension schemes.
- Review the control and suspense account reconciliations for Debtors and Payroll, resolving reconciling items promptly as necessary to support accurate monthly and year end accounts.
- Support the Financial Accountant with the preparation of the annual Financial Statements, producing working papers as required on owned and nominated control accounts
- Maintain General Ledger records, ensuring transactions are correctly recorded, including any ad hoc analysis as required.
- Input and adherence to the Revenue and Payroll policies and procedures of the organisation to ensure that they continue to be effective. This role would be expected to deputise for the cashier in his or her absence.
- Effective communication, negotiation and influencing skills that will need to be called upon as required
- Able to work effectively as part of a team, providing support to other team members to contribute to a high performing team
- Contributing to the financial training and development of non-Finance staff, including working with a range of staff to develop basic financial skills and understanding
- Although there are no direct line management responsibilities, the interface with Budget managers, Operational team leaders and senior management requires that the Finance Assistant takes an authoritative position when dealing with propriety or governance issues
The successful candidate for the role of Revenue & Payroll Finance Assistant will demonstrate;
- Effective communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Works effectively as part of a team
- Able to work with non-finance managers with varying abilities;
- Delivering financial information effectively
- Providing Training to new/existing managers to improve financial control.
- A high level of relevant technical skill
- Highly numerate with strong analytical and critical reasoning skills
- Good spreadsheet skills - intermediate as minimum
The successful candidate for the role of Revenue & Payroll Finance Assistant, based in Bristol, will receive an hourly wage equivalent to between £21,000 & £26,000, dependent on experience.
This role is a temporary position, expected to last 3 months, at the end of which a permanent appointment willl be made. If the temporary candidate is interested in the permanent position and performs well then they stand an excellent chance of being appointed.